New Rider Guide
All riders are expected to know basic group riding etiquette and safety. All riders should be familiar with our RBC Group Riding Etiquette and be prepared to follow its guidelines.
Road Rides will break into groups of 6 or less.
Know and have the route. Upload into GPS or print the cue sheet. All routes are posted on RBCo’s Facebook pre-ride. All riders are responsible for knowing where they are and how to get home.
RBC rides are open to all members. Please arrive 15 minutes before the ride time to allow yourself time to get ready. We aim to roll out promptly at the ride time. All road rides depart from the Ridgefield Bicycle Company at 88 Danbury Rd. in Ridgefield unless otherwise noted on RBCo. Facebook. All non-members considering joining the club are welcome. We love getting new members! They should find the ride leader and must sign a waiver.
Contact the ride leader or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Obey ALL traffic laws
- Stay within your ability
- Come to rides with a bike in good working order.
- iPods and other listening devices are prohibited on RBC rides.
- Ride no more than 2 abreast and in single file in heavy traffic or when being passed by a vehicle.
- Communicate loudly with your fellow riders. Common alerts include: car back, car up, on your left, slowing, stopping, pothole, gravel, glass, etc.
- Use your hands to point out hazards such as potholes, uneven pavement and gravel or glass for riders behind you.
- Wear a properly fitted and fastened ANSI or Snell-approved helmet.
All riders must have the following:
spare tube, patch kit, and pump or CO2
Come to the ride well hydrated. Carry water or sports drink with you on the ride and drink frequently.
Bring quick-energy food with you on the ride. Dried fruit, energy bars, and bananas are good choices.
Money, ID & cellphone